CCK’s Robert Chisholm and Zachary Stolz discuss United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- What is the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims? 2.Can any veteran immediately appeal their denial to the Court?
- The Court is not part of the VA. Is that important to the process?
- What’s the process at the Court? Can a veteran add new evidence?
- How many cases does CCK represent at the Court each year?
- Does a veteran need an attorney at the Court?
- At the VA, the system is non-adversarial. What does this mean?
- Is the Court system adversarial?
- What does a win look like at the Court?
- Does the process become non-adversarial again back at the Board?
- Can one add evidence once the case goes back to the Board?
- Does the Court ever award benefits or reverse a decision?
- Does the Court make precedential decisions?
- If the Court denies the appeal, is that the end of the road?
- Does CCK handle cases in the Federal Circuit?
Read the full post for more information