LIFE INSURANCE DISPUTES
Life insurance is designed so that if an individual pays premiums throughout a course of years, in the event he or she passes away unexpectedly, then his or her family and loved ones receive some financial security and support. However, when these life insurance benefits are wrongfully denied, litigation may be necessary to resolve the dispute.
If your policy was provided by an employer, it may be subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). If so, there may be significant hurdles and pitfalls preventing you for successfully disputing a denial of life insurance benefits. We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through these obstacles. Our life insurance attorneys represent clients with ERISA and private life insurance claims and disputes.
ERISA Life Insurance Claims
Similar to disability policies, if life insurance is employer-provided, it may be governed by ERISA. If your life insurance claim is denied, you may have to file an appeal directly to the insurance company. Our firm handles these appeals on a national basis. If the life insurance appeal is denied, we are able to file a lawsuit on your behalf, normally in federal court.
Private or Non-ERISA Life Insurance Claims
If a life insurance policy is private or non-ERISA, it is considered to be a contract just like a private disability policy and the insurer can be sued and held liable for improperly withholding death benefits. Consequential and punitive damages also apply.
Contact Our Experienced Life Insurance Attorneys
For more information about our life insurance litigation services, call our life insurance attorneys at 401-331-6300 or complete the contact form on this website.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »