Criminal Negligence Attorneys
Property owners are responsible for providing a reasonably safe environment for guests. Employers have a duty to competently train and supervise employees. If you are a victim of a crime in a setting such as a parking lot, a business or your place of employment, you may be entitled to compensation through the civil justice system. Criminal negligence is the term lawyers use to describe civil liability arising out of a criminal act. You may also be entitled to insurance proceeds.
Our attorneys have successfully represented crime victims and their families in cases of serious assaults, shooting deaths, reckless and drunk driving, robberies and theft of prescription medications. We handle such cases selectively and with discretion. We seek to maximize recovery while always remembering that these cases are sensitive and that we work for the client — not the other way around.
Our law firm often handles criminal negligence cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us only if we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
What Is Criminal Negligence?
One example of criminal negligence is negligent security. Owners of businesses and other commercial properties have a responsibility to protect people from foreseeable harm. Examples of ways businesses can protect people from criminal acts include:
- Installing security cameras and lights to deter crime
- Hiring security guards in high-crime areas
Another form of criminal negligence is dram shop liability. If a bar continues serving drinks to an intoxicated person and you are injured by that person, then the bar owner is responsible for compensating you for your losses.
Many people — including some attorneys — believe that if you are the victim of a criminal act, that’s bad luck. The law, however, holds otherwise. As an injured person, you have a legal right to seek compensation in cases where the property owner was negligent.
These cases also often involve disputes over life insurance proceeds or liability insurance coverage. The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD are particularly well suited to handle these insurance issues in connection with claims as a crime victim.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »