Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction sites can be dangerous places to work. Scaffolding collapses, ladder falls and other accidents can change your life in an instant and even take away your ability to earn a living. For that reason, it is critical that each company, crew and worker do their job and follow safety rules. All too often, however, the rules are not followed and someone is seriously injured or dies as a result.
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys represent victims of construction site accidents. We also represent families who have lost loved ones in construction accidents. Our law firm often handles personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us only if we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
Sources of Recovery in Construction Site Accidents
Most people who are injured on the job in Rhode Island or Massachusetts are covered by workers’ compensation. These benefits are limited, however, and do not provide compensation for damages such as pain and suffering.
You may be entitled to compensation in addition to workers’ compensation if your injury was caused by a third party, meaning someone who is not or does not work for your employer. Examples of third-party liability cases include:
- Injuries caused by vendors or subcontractors, such as the company that installed scaffolding at your construction site
- Injuries caused by a property owner’s negligence
- Injuries caused by equipment manufacturers
- Injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents occurring in the course and scope of your employment
- If you were working for a subcontractor, you may have a claim against the General Contractor
Our attorneys are familiar with OSHA and other state and federal rules and regulations regarding construction site safety, and have substantial experience prosecuting these cases. This helps us recover the maximum compensation for injured construction workers and their families.