Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction sites can be dangerous places to work. Scaffolding collapses, ladder falls and other accidents can change your life in an instant and even take away your ability to earn a living. For that reason, it is critical that each company, crew and worker do their job and follow safety rules. All too often, however, the rules are not followed and someone is seriously injured or dies as a result.
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys represent victims of construction site accidents. We also represent families who have lost loved ones in construction accidents. Our law firm often handles personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us only if we are successful in obtaining compensation for you.
Sources of Recovery in Construction Site Accidents
Most people who are injured on the job in Rhode Island or Massachusetts are covered by workers’ compensation. These benefits are limited, however, and do not provide compensation for damages such as pain and suffering.
You may be entitled to compensation in addition to workers’ compensation if your injury was caused by a third party, meaning someone who is not or does not work for your employer. Examples of third-party liability cases include:
- Injuries caused by vendors or subcontractors, such as the company that installed scaffolding at your construction site
- Injuries caused by a property owner’s negligence
- Injuries caused by equipment manufacturers
- Injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents occurring in the course and scope of your employment
- If you were working for a subcontractor, you may have a claim against the General Contractor
Our attorneys are familiar with OSHA and other state and federal rules and regulations regarding construction site safety, and have substantial experience prosecuting these cases. This helps us recover the maximum compensation for injured construction workers and their families.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »