Maura J. ClancyMaura joined Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick in July of 2016 as an Associate Attorney. Her practice focuses on representing disabled veterans before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Maura J. Clancy
Maura joined Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick in July of 2016 as an Associate Attorney. Her practice focuses on representing disabled veterans before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Maura earned her J.D. from Roger Williams University School of Law in 2014, graduating magna cum laude. Prior to entering law school, she graduated magna cum laude from Stonehill College, where she focused her studies in Political Science and Philosophy. She also gained valuable experience while working as a case manager for a social service agency.
During law school, Maura completed an internship for U.S. District Court Judge John J. McConnell, Jr. and served as a research assistant for Rhode Island Superior Court Judge Stephen J. Fortunato, Jr. (ret.). She was a member of the Roger Williams University Law Review, where she worked as an Articles Editor and published a case survey. She also served as an appellate law clerk for the office of the Rhode Island Public Defender.
Prior to joining Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick, Maura gained experience as an Associate Attorney in a civil litigation firm, focusing on personal injury and family law, and as a judicial law clerk in the Rhode Island Superior Court. She is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association. Maura also currently serves as the Secretary on the Executive Committee of the Veterans and Military Law Section of the Federal Bar Association.
During her free time, Maura enjoys cooking, spending time with her family and friends, and cheering on the Boston Bruins.
- State of Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Secretary on the Executive Committee of the Veterans and Military Law Section
- Monk v. Wilkie: Class Actions at the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)
- CCK LIVE: Evidence for Your VA Individual Unemployability Claim
- What Should I Do If My Military Service Records Were Destroyed?
- How to Use Lay Evidence for VA Disability Claims
- Appeals Modernization Act – The New VA Disability Appeals Process