The Veterans Benefits Administration, or VBA, is the organization that manages the disbursement of a variety of benefits to veterans and their dependents. The jurisdiction of the VBA spans from disability compensation and pension, to loan guarantees, education services, and vocational rehabilitation. VBA is not to be confused with the BVA, the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, which is the organization that issues decisions on appeals.
What the VBA Does
It is essential to understand what the VBA does and how it operates as it plays an important role in the distribution of benefits.
Offices the VBA Oversees
The Office of the Undersecretary of Benefits oversees the VBA, which includes the following four offices:
- The Office of Strategic Planning. This office handles the strategic and operational planning of the VBA.
- The Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity. The Office of Economic Opportunity oversees programs such as vocational rehabilitation, transitional assistance, employment, education services, and loan guarantees.
- The Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Disability Assistance. The Office of Disability Assistance manages the administration of benefits and services to veterans, their family members, and survivors. It also works closely with VA’s 56 Regional Offices.
- The Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Field Operations. The Office of Field Operations manages the operations at all the VA Regional Offices, Records Management Center, and Appeals Management Center. These are the offices that handle initial claims and appeals for VA disability benefits.
Types of Compensation Available from VBA
The VBA offers several different types of compensation, including:
- Disability Compensation: monthly benefits for service-connected disabilities, determined by a veteran’s combined disability rating which ranges from 0 to 100 percent
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: a monthly benefit available to surviving spouses or dependent children of a servicemember who died on active duty or died from a service-connected condition
- Special Monthly Compensation: a higher rate of compensation available to qualifying veterans with especially serious disabilities or combinations of disabilities
The team of veteran lawyers from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you receive the above-mentioned types of compensation.
Call 800-544-9144 for a Free Case Evaluation
VA estimates it can take up to a year and a half for VBA to grant or deny an appeal. This means you will likely be dealing with the organization for a long time which can be exceptionally frustrating, especially if you do not have any experience with the VBA.
The VBA and all of its offices can be challenging to understand, but the team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help. Our veterans advocates are qualified to assist you in filing appeals.
Call us today for a free case evaluation: 800-544-9144.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »