Long-Term Disability Insurance Claim Denials
People purchase long term disability insurance individually or through their employer. Others are covered through their employer’s benefits package. Premiums are paid for the security of knowing that if they become unable to do their job due to sickness or injury, a percentage of their income will be protected. This is often called long term disability or LTD insurance. While many disability insurance companies pay the benefits they owe, many legitimate claims are denied.
Why Was My Disability Claim Denied?
Insurance companies base denials on various theories, including: lack of so-called “objective evidence,” questioning your credibility, labeling your symptoms as “self reported,” limiting your benefits under mental illness exclusions, exaggerating the significance of surveillance, “independent” medical examinations and, even using in-house medical “experts” to contradict your treating doctors and deny your claim.
If your disability claim is denied or your LTD benefit payments have been terminated, you should contact a long term disability attorney immediately, as you may have a limited time to appeal the decision.« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- What Are Some Practical Tips That Can Help You Deal With the Insurance Company?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- What Are Some Common Disability Coverage Limitations?
- What Is Disability Insurance?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »