The Nation’s Premier ERISA Claim Attorneys
If you have been denied insurance benefits, CCK’s team of experienced ERISA attorneys can help secure those benefits to which you are entitled. Our ERISA attorneys have the knowledge and expertise to handle complex cases in long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, long-term care insurance, and pension benefits.
- CC&K did a fantastic job for me in winning my long term disability case and ensuring that justice was served on my behalf. Once I contacted them they took over everything, devised a great plan and executed it flawlessly. Read More »
- Chisholm, Chisholm and Kilpatrick won my difficult and complex claim for ERISA long term disability benefits. They worked effectively with all parties involved on my behalf, never forgetting that I was the client. Read More »
- I live in West Virginia, so I was concerned about working with a law firm located far away in Rhode Island. I soon learned that there was nothing to worry about. The team at CCK communicated clearly by phone and email. Read More »
- After battling cancer, I was glad to have Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick fight for my ERISA LTD benefits. I always felt like I was in good hands. They knew exactly how to help me. Read More »
- I had to reduce my workload due to Parkinson’s disease. CCK navigated me through the complexities of my partial long term disability claim under my employer’s insurance plan. I found CCK’s expertise and advice extremely helpful. Read More »
- From start to finish I was kept in the loop about my case. Quick response to my questions. I was always treated like a human being, not just a client. I would highly recommend Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick. Read More »
- We are very grateful to Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. CCK handled Antonietta’s ERISA long-term disability (LTD) case in court. They treated us like real human beings and we felt a personal connection to them because of their excellent communication, kindness, and understanding. Read More »
- I highly recommend the ERISA attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. I hired Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick to handle my ERISA administrative appeal before going to court. I can't say enough about CCK. Their ERISA attorneys answered my questions about my claim and ERISA. Read More »
- After my LTD claim was denied, it was a great relief to have CCK take over and know exactly how fight for my benefits. CCK exceeded my expectations. Read More »
- I have been a CCK client for several years. They won my LTD appeal with Sun Life and I have received my LTD benefits ever since. CCK has been great at managing our long distance relationship by phone and email. Read More »
- Attorneys Scott Kilpatrick and Mason Waring of CCK exceeded all of my expectations. As a fellow attorney, I particularly admired that they were consistent, thorough, dependable, and extremely knowledgeable in disability law and procedures. I doubt that any other firm would have achieved the same favorable results. Read More »
- Since Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick won my ERISA long term disability appeal, they have continued to help me deal with the insurance company. They let me know what is happening with my case and are always happy to answer my questions about my LTD benefits. Read More »
- I highly recommend Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. CCK represented me on my short term disability and long term disability claims. The insurance company denied my claims, taking the position that they were late. CCK appealed and won my benefits. CCK handled my case skillfully and professionally. Read More »
What is ERISA?
Although there are exceptions, most disability, life, health and long-term care policies, as well as pension benefits, provided by your employer are covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This federal statute usually pre-empts state laws designed to protect consumers and creates significant (but not insurmountable) hurdles for claimants seeking benefits to which they were promised. Our lawyers know how to interpret these ERISA statutes, the applicable Department of Labor Regulations, the plan documents and the case law of the federal courts to protect your entitlement to benefits.
If you purchased a long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, long-term care insurance policy or you work for the government or a church-related organization, then ERISA does not usually apply and the state laws designed to protect insured individuals are available for our attorneys to use in securing your benefits. Regardless of the specific type of policy you have, we will work to secure your benefits.
If your claim has been denied, you may have a limited amount of time to appeal the decision, so it is important to get help as soon as possible.« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- My Doctor Says I’m Disabled. Doesn’t the Insurance Company Have to Approve My LTD Claim?
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal With My Insurance Company For Me?
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
- What Do Lawyers Need to Evaluate My ERISA Case?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »