Our evaluation of your long-term disability claim begins with a call. After that, we may only need to see a copy of your denial letter. Don’t wait to call us because you think you might need more information. We will let you know what information we need.
Why do you need a copy of my policy or denial letter?
We need a copy of the denial letter to determine exactly why the insurer denied your claim. We may also need to review the policy in question to clarify what the policy does and does not cover. We will speak with you and compare the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) policy to the claim denial letter to determine if we can assist you.
Will you need any records from my employer?
We can usually evaluate your case without information from your employer. If we need information from your employer, we will let you know. For example, if we need to review a copy of your policy, and you don’t have it, your employer may be responsible for providing the policy. We may need additional information about your occupation, date of disability, and pre-disability earnings as it relates to your claim.
Will you need records from any other third parties?
Maybe, depending on why your claim was denied. If we need information from a third party, we will let you know. For example, we may need the claim file from the insurance company, or information from your doctors. If your insurer denied your claim for disability benefits, we may need to look at your medical records to determine if your medical condition and impairments meet the criteria for a disability benefits award. Depending on the reason for your denial, we might need medical records that help prove one or more of the following:
- You have impairments that prevent you from working in your own occupation, or any occupation, depending on the terms of your policy
- You are doing what you reasonably can to get better
- Your condition was not pre-existing
Schedule a consultation today.
The process of appealing an ERISA disability claim denial can be complicated, but you do not need to handle it alone. If you received an ERISA claim denial and want to discuss see how we can help you, call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD today at 401-331-6300.« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- What Is Disability Insurance?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- My Doctor Says I’m Disabled. Doesn’t the Insurance Company Have to Approve My LTD Claim?
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »