After a car accident, you have many things to worry about on top of recovering from your injuries. You might be wondering:
- How will I pay my medical bills if I cannot work?
- What do I say to the insurance company when it calls?
- What if the other driver denies responsibility?
- How will I get my car fixed or replaced?
A car accident lawyer serving Cranston, RI at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you after a car accident. Our goal is to make sure you get the compensation you deserve, and help you get your life back to normal.
There is no risk in working with us because we only get paid when you do. We charge you for results, not for hours worked. The initial consultation is entirely free. Call today to discuss your case with us: 401-331-6300.
Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Serving Cranston, RI?
Even though Rhode Island does not require you by law to hire an attorney after a car accident, it can benefit you to do so in several ways. Our attorneys can:
Investigate the Accident and Identify Any Liable Parties
We will investigate your accident, determine exactly how it occurred and identify any liable parties. This will allow us to determine your options for recovering the compensation you deserve.
Handle Insurance Negotiations
Whether you file a claim with your insurance company or the other driver’s, the fact remains that the insurer wants to protect its profits. That means if it can, it will pay you less or perhaps not pay you at all. You need a strong negotiator to calculate what your claim is worth and recover as much as you are entitled to.
The car accident attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD understand insurance company negotiations and can handle the process for you, working to even out the odds for you the entire time and seeing to it that you recover all the damages for which you are eligible.
Fill Out Paperwork and Handle Other Tasks for You
After a car accident, your to-do list can span several pages in a hurry. In addition to having to keep up with your daily life, you may need another car to drive, you might be busy with doctor appointments, or be too injured to do much of anything but rest. The team at CCK can handle the process of dealing with the insurance company calls about your injury claim, completing paperwork, gathering medical records, performing legal research, writing your settlement demand and negotiating with the insurance company.
Help You Win a Fair Settlement
Before you accept the insurance company’s calls — and it will almost certainly reach out to you shortly after the crash — speak with us first. The insurance company wants to start negotiating right away before you have had the chance to talk to a lawyer. By doing so, it has a better chance of convincing you to accept a quick settlement, one that rarely pays the full amount you deserve. To entice you to take the offer, the insurer might stress how quickly it can pay you.
But what is the point of getting paid fast if it is far less than you deserve? Our attorneys will fight to maximize your compensation and work to get it to you in a reasonable timeframe.
How Does the Rhode Island Car Accident Claims Process Work?
Rhode Island law holds drivers liable for any injuries their negligent behavior causes. This means that the driver who caused your car crash should be financially responsible for any injuries that resulted.
If we can identify an at-fault party, we will file any claims against that driver’s insurance. During this time, the other party’s insurer may be launching its own investigation, in an attempt to blame you and save itself money.
Depending on the results of the investigation, the insurer may offer you a settlement. In many cases, this settlement is much too low. We will negotiate with the insurer on your behalf with the goal of getting you all that you are entitled to. If it refuses to pay, we are not afraid to take it to court.
How Much Can I Win in Damages?
We will not know your full damages until we investigate your accident, including your injuries and property damage. We will involve you in this process, discussing the value of your case with you before we make any settlement demands. Your damages might include the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost earnings from work
- Reduced earning capacity
- Miscellaneous expenses (e.g., the costs of renovating your home to accommodate your disability, the costs of hiring someone to take care of your children or to perform lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Call 401-331-6300 Today for a Free Car Accident Consultation
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our focus is on helping car accident victims recover both physically and financially. We protect your rights and fight to ensure you receive all the compensation you deserve. Call today for a free consultation: 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »