Did another party cause you or a loved one to suffer injuries in a car crash? If you can prove that the other party caused your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses.
Unfortunately, proving fault is often quite difficult. However, you do not need to face this task alone. A car accident lawyer serving Coventry, RI can help.
If you become a CCK client, the team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will be by your side whether you are worried about proving liability, handling daily tasks, or getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries and property damage.
Call our office today for a free consultation: 401-331-6300.
What Can a Car Crash Lawyer Do for Me?
Many accident victims decide to handle their accident claims without a lawyer. And while this is possible, a lawyer can handle every aspect of the claims process for you. Without an attorney, you would have to handle all of the following:
Depending on the complexity of your accident, you might need to hire accident reconstruction experts or other professionals to prove how your accident truly happened. When you work with the CCK team, we handle the evidence-gathering process. This means we will investigate the accident, get your medical records and the police report. When appropriate, we work with accident experts and other experts to build your case.
Communicating and Negotiating with Insurers
This is where many accident victims make mistakes. Soon after your accident, the insurance adjuster will likely call you to ask about the accident. The adjuster might sound warm and compassionate, but did you know the insurer can use anything you say during this call against you? Some insurance adjusters even endeavor to get injured parties to admit they were at-fault or that their injuries are not as severe as they claim.
This can allow the insurer to reduce your payout or deny your claim entirely.
Even if the insurer does offer you a settlement, it could be quite low as the insurer wants to save itself as much money as possible. Do you know what your claim is worth? Do you know that you can recover compensation for current and future medical bills?
An attorney will be able to determine what your case is worth and ensure your settlements include the compensation you deserve. If we cannot negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
Filling Out Paperwork and Handling Other Everyday Tasks
The amount of paperwork you must complete in the period following a car accident can be daunting, often including insurance documents, medical forms, and more.
On top of the pain from your injuries, the stress of the accident, and everything else you are dealing with, it can become overwhelming quickly.
To take the burden off your shoulders, our team employs a support staff to help clients with every administrative task they can, freeing up time for you to focus on what matters: your family and your recovery.
Can I Recover for My Injuries Even If I Was Partially At-Fault for The Accident?
Rhode Island law allows injured parties to recover compensation after a car accident, even if they contributed to the accident in question. See R.I.G.L. § 9-20-4. However, because of that same law, known as the pure comparative negligence law, your fault will decrease your settlement.
Here is how pure comparative negligence law could work. Say you were driving through an intersection when a car turned left in front of you. You did not have time to stop and T-boned the vehicle, suffering whiplash, seatbelt injuries, and knee injuries. The investigation found that while you had the right-of-way, you sped up to beat the yellow light. Had you slowed down, you could have avoided the accident. The investigation found you 40 percent at-fault for the accident. Rhode Island’s pure comparative fault law allows you to recover 60 percent of your demand. If you requested $100,000, you would be able to recover $60,000 (60 percent).
What Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
We must conduct a full investigation to calculate the damages for which you are eligible. You may be eligible to recover both economic and noneconomic damages. For example,
Economic damages include:
- Medical bills (both current and anticipated future costs)
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity (if your injuries required you to take a lesser-paying job or retire)
Noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium
Call 401-331-6300 for a Free Consultation.
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys want to protect your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve after a car accident. Serving the clients in and around the Coventry area, our firm has helped many clients win damages and we can put our resources to work for you. Call today for a free consultation: 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »