CCK is seeking a full-time, entry-level paralegal who shows initiative, has a strong work ethic, and is passionate about making a difference. This position involves working closely with senior paralegals and attorneys in our Veterans Law practice group.
Paralegal/Claims Advocate responsibilities include:
- daily written and oral communication with veterans and their families, as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- obtaining all documentation necessary to support a client’s claim for benefits;
- assisting attorneys and senior paralegals on necessary case development and research;
- reviewing and assessing clients’ case files;
- proof reading and reviewing important procedural documents before they are mailed; and
- most importantly, helping veterans obtain the VA benefits they deserve.
A successful candidate will be outgoing, eager to learn, accountable, able to multi-task, and takes direction well. This position requires strong attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, however the field of the undergraduate degree can vary.
- Prior professional office experience is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook is preferred.
- Experience in the legal and/or psychiatric field is a plus, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $40,000.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401k plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
- Hours are M-F 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter