CCK is seeking a Paralegal with trusts and estates and/or estate settlement experience for our new and growing bequest administration and management practice. This position includes growth potential to include training and supervising others.
Bequest Paralegal Responsibilities include:
- Communicate daily with legal counsel and clients
- Obtain and review all documents related to estate or trust administration which identify bequests for benefit of non-profit clientele
- Coordinate with legal counsel to ensure proper designation of donor intent regarding gift restrictions
- Communicate directly with estate and trust fiduciaries and/or their legal counsel to facilitate the efficient payment of charitable bequests
- Obtain and review all probate and tax filings to facilitate prompt and accurate distribution of bequest proceeds to non-profit clientele
- Maintain substantial caseload with firm’s bequest administration legal counsel
A successful candidate will have at least three years of experience in trusts and estates legal work, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, strong writing skills, work ethic, and a desire and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of trusts and estates and/or estate settlement experience
- $60,000 to $75,000 depending upon Candidate/Experience.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401k plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter