Trust & Estates Case Manager
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our Bequest Management team is dedicated to ensuring that donors’ wishes are honored, as we accelerate the distribution of their gifts, and maximize the impact of their generosity for our non-profit clients. Our team of experienced professionals removes the administrative burden of bequest management so that our clients can focus their resources on enhancing their planned giving program.
CCK is seeking an eager Trusts & Estates Case Manager to join our growing firm, and practice, at the Providence, RI Headquarters! An ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, have a high-level of attention to detail, research, and analytical skills, and excel at working independently, as well as in a small-team environment.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
Trusts & Estates Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Obtain and review the donor’s will, trust, beneficiary designation, death certificate, and other documents related to the estate or trust administrations;
- Independent review and editing of legal documents such as waivers, receipts, releases and providing same for review to bequest attorney or client, as appropriate;
- Communicate directly with financial institutions, estate and trust fiduciaries, and/or their attorney to facilitate the efficient collection of charitable bequests.
- Appropriately monitor progress of estate and trust administration to ensure timely receipt of bequests;
- Collaborate with bequest attorney, team members, and clients;
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and/or releases to estate and trust fiduciaries, confirming receipt of funds when necessary;
- Appropriately maintain bequest database for interoffice and client review of files;
- Record up-to-date notifications, correspondence, and follow-ups in bequest database.
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Trusts & Estates paralegal experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $42,500;
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- This role will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily. Following social distancing regulations, as well as CCK protocol related to COVID-19, is required.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; and,
- Internal training provided.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter