IT Junior Associate
CCK views IT as an asset, and a means to deliver a superior employee and client experience. CCK is seeking a Junior IT Associate to join its growing IT Department, which is led by an experienced IT Director. The starting rate of pay is $40,000-42,000 annually. Opportunity for advancement for individuals who demonstrate technical expertise, initiative, work ethic and a forward-thinking solution-oriented attitude, and who develop in the role.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
IT Junior Associate Responsibilities
- Setting up equipment for employee use including proper installation of operating systems and related software, user desktop environment, cabling, connectivity, etc.
- Answering and responding to user inquiries regarding computer hardware or software operations in a timely manner and being able to do so in person or remotely.
- Assist in onboarding of new users to ensure each has a complete computing environment as well as a desk phone, and any additional specialized equipment required to do their job. Install, test, and configure each new employee’s workstation, peripheral equipment and software.
- All tasks required to ensure that the firm’s 240+ users have fully functional and reliable IT workstations & equipment for carrying out the firm’s business.
- Ability to be available occasionally after hours, to address time sensitive projects, perform systems maintenance, or respond to IT emergencies.
- Continuing to advance your knowledge of hardware & software developments and trends, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat & PDFs knowledge, and gaining comfort with the firm’s various legal industry software & services.
- Share knowledge & cross-train with other members of the IT staff while also learning from others.
- Must be equipped with the skills necessary to satisfy the responsibilities stated above.
- Some prior deskside technical support experience in an office environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems, Lenovo & Dell workstations and laptops, and all related accessories, printers, cabled & wireless connectivity, etc.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels of personnel at the firm.
- Ability to work independently and identify when additional help or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively & efficiently.
- CompTIA/A+ or other related certifications a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or related studies.
- Prior experience working with technology in a law firm setting.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- This role will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily. Following social distancing regulations, as well as CCK protocol related to COVID-19, is required.
- Regularly need to position oneself to reach small spaces, cabling, equipment.
- Regularly lift & transport various computer equipment & supplies (up to 50lbs).
- Extensive computer work and frequent use of telephone and email to communicate.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401(k) plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
- Starting annual salary is $40,000-42,000.