Intake Department Call Center Manager
CCK is seeking an Intake Department Call Center Manager for its Client Development Team. This key leadership role is responsible for daily management of the call center operation that handles inquiries and requests from prospective and existing clients. The Client Development team is often a potential new client’s first interaction with the law firm, so it is critical that the Intake Department Call Center Manager has the expertise to develop and lead a staff that can deliver exceptional service and timely responses to all prospective and existing clients. Staff members reporting to the Intake Department Call Center Manager include call center supervisors, reception supervisors, legal intake specialists, call center functional support personnel (e.g., training, reporting, etc.) and some back-office resources.
This position requires an individual with a strong call center background and proven skills in people management, process development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures. The Intake Department Call Center Manager must be someone who embraces technology and will use technology to identify leading trends and tools that can be applied to achieve the firm’s client-focused operational optimization and Client Development Team growth expectations.
The Intake Department Call Center Manager will have a record of successfully driving positive cultural change and developing people to evolve with changing business needs and practices. The Intake Department Call Center Manager role does not require prior experience in the legal sector; however, he/she must demonstrate an ability to understand the firm’s services and offerings and to consult with firm leadership on expectations for the Client Development Team’s ongoing transformation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, lead and direct employees, processes and resources responsible for timely, accurate and professional responses to prospective and existing clients
- Ensure the delivery of critical call center functional processes (either through oversight of call center support personnel or through direct process development and management), to include:
- Appropriate call center planning, scheduling, staffing and service level monitoring on a daily and interval hour basis for inbound and outbound contact handling across all Client Development of team hours of operation, including offline activities
- Training that enables front-line personnel to deliver excellent service to prospects and clients, to accurately and thoroughly document interaction and case notes in the firm’s desktop systems, and to comply with company policies and procedures in all contact handling activities
- A comprehensive performance management program to drive organizational, team and individual achievement relative to goals outlined by firm leadership to include effectiveness, efficiency, and response metrics
- A robust reporting suite to deliver operational and market trends and insights to firm leadership and other stakeholders/departments on a regularly scheduled basis
- An engaged employee base capable of representing the firm appropriately in all interactions with prospective and existing clients
- Partner with Human Resources during the hiring process for Client Development Team resources by providing input for hiring profiles and skill set inventories and by leading the behavioral interview process following the application intake and candidate screening process managed by HR
- Provide direction for the development and/or evolution of the call center’s quality assurance/call monitoring process to ensure the organization’s ability to measure intake specialists’ call handling professionalism, technical accuracy, and compliance with firm policies and procedures
- Develop a process for collection of Voice of the Customer feedback to gather actionable insights for the continuous improvement of the Client Development Team
- Establish and manage an escalation process for handling 1., caller complaints or executive inquiries/concerns and 2., “how-to” questions for Intake specialists during calls with prospects or clients
- Develop an employee engagement strategy to include recognition and incentive activities/ programs designed to retain staff members and promote a positive culture for both on-site resources and work-at-home employees
- Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews, and conduct additional monthly (at least) performance feedback sessions with direct reports
- Develop coaching plans for direct reports who have performance, productivity, or behavioral issues; move to corrective action per established cadence if performance improvement goals are not achieved
- Schedule and conduct weekly meetings to include operational team meeting with front-line supervisors and functional support leaders (direct reports), weekly performance management meeting with firm leadership, and team meeting with all Client Development Team resources
- Conduct ongoing assessments of processes and call center technologies and work with firm leadership to develop and implement strategic business and/or technology initiatives to meet or exceed firm and/or Client Development Team goals and objectives and for continuous improvement purposes
- Collaborate with cross-functional personnel and teams within the firm (e.g., HR, Marketing, IT/telephony, etc.) to gather input on firm strategies or activities impacting the Client Development Team and to provide feedback from the call center, as requested, to assist with business planning, analysis, etc.
- Identify professional development opportunities for front-line leaders and support staff to ensure continued evolution of their skill sets and professional growth
- Serve as point of contact for vendors that support the Client Development Team and Receptionist Department
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4-6 years of additional experience supervising a fast-paced, high-volume call center (experience with multi-site operations preferred)
- Ability to gather, analyze and report on call center metrics, both to front-line employees and firm leadership
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional potential client/client and/or employee situations
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Ability to build and sustain a positive team culture
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to organize own work and the workflow of the department
- Demonstrated supervisory, communication and writing skills
- Ability to give presentations and deliver training
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word and the desire and ability to become an expert as to law firm’s case management software and other programs
- Ability to travel overnight (up to 10%) by land and/or air
- This position is an in-office position and requires COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.
- Please send resume with cover letter when applying.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.