Experienced Trust and Estates Paralegal
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is seeking an experienced paralegal with trusts and estates knowledge to join our growing Bequest Management practice group in the Providence, RI office. Our Bequest Management group represents some of the nation’s most significant charities, overseeing the bequest administration through probate and other estate settlement processes, to ensure donors’ wishes are honored and our client’s missions are supported.
An ideal candidate will be interested in representing national non-profits, possess proficient trusts and estates knowledge, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with numerous non-profit organizations and assist in furthering their meaningful objectives.
As a team and as an employer, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace.
Bequest Paralegal Responsibilities:
Trained paralegals undertake the following duties:
- Obtain and review the donor’s will, trust, beneficiary designation, death certificate, and other documents related to the estate or trust administrations;
- Independent review and editing of legal documents such as waivers, receipts, releases and providing same for review to bequest attorney or client, as appropriate;
- Communicate directly with financial institutions, estate and trust fiduciaries, and/or their attorney to facilitate the efficient collection of charitable bequests.
- Appropriately monitor progress of estate and trust administration to ensure timely receipt of bequests;
- Collaborate with bequest attorney, team members, and clients;
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and/or releases to estate and trust fiduciaries, confirming receipt of funds when necessary;
- Appropriately maintain bequest database for interoffice and client review of files;
- Record up-to-date notifications, correspondence, and follow-ups in bequest database.
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Between 1 and 5 year(s) of Trusts & Estates paralegal experience required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $50,000 through $80,000, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
- This role will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily for training for the first month. Our training program includes education on the important subjects of trusts & estates, probate, and estate settlement along with internal procedures. These are central to the work we do for our clients. After successful completion of the training, remote work will be based on supervisor discretion, up to three days a week.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter