Entry-Level Bequest Paralegal
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our Bequest Management practice group represents some of the nation’s most significant charities. We work with charities managing their bequest administration through probate and other requirements of estate settlement, to ensure that donors’ wishes are honored and our clients’ missions are supported.
CCK is seeking a motivated, entry-level professional to join our team at the Providence, RI Headquarters! An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, interested in representing charities, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain important skills while doing meaningful work.
As a team and as an employer, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace.
Bequest Paralegal Responsibilities:
The position starts with training and education on the important subjects of trusts & estates, probate, and estate settlement. These areas are central to the work we do for charities. Trained paralegals undertake the following responsibilities.
- Independent review and editing of legal documents such as waivers, receipts, releases and providing same for review to bequest attorney or client, as appropriate;
- Communicate directly with financial institutions, estate and trust fiduciaries, and/or their attorney to facilitate the efficient collection of charitable bequests.
- Appropriately monitor progress of estate and trust administration to ensure timely receipt of bequests;
- Collaborate with bequest attorney, team members, and clients;
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and/or releases to estate and trust fiduciaries, confirming receipt of funds when necessary;
- Appropriately maintain bequest database for interoffice and client review of files;
- Record up-to-date notifications, correspondence, and follow-ups in bequest database.
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Self-motivation, collaborative work ethic, and the ability to receive and respond productively to constructive feedback, are essential qualities for success.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $42,500;
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- This role will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily for training. After training is complete, remote work will be based on supervisor discretion. Following social distancing regulations, as well as CCK protocol related to COVID-19, is required.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM;
- Internal training provided.
- COVID-19 considerations:
- To work in our new office in Providence, RI, you must show proof of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine as of July 1, 2021.
To apply, the following item are required for consideration:
- Cover letter