Director, Marketing and Business Development
In this newly created role, The Director, Marketing & Business Development will be responsible for doing an initial diagnosis of the Firm’s current marketing strategy and work with the various business Partners to develop a growth plan for the business. The Director, Marketing & Business Development will lead the marketing team in creating a brand experience to enhance the Firm’s image and lead efforts to better attract and retain clients.
Who we are:
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a large private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. CCK also has a growing practice area that provides bequest management services to several large national charities.
As a team, we are committed to equity and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Firm-wide social media and brand strategy and execution, using owned and paid marketing channels (web, social, email, broadcast, print, digital display, business to consumer and business to business) and coordinates with earned media partners.
- Develop strategic sales pitch materials, conference, and marketing materials.
- Identify opportunities for in-person marketing (conferences, events etc.)
- Conceptualize and generate creative marketing campaigns to attract future clients.
- Report ROI on all digital and non-digital campaigns
- Provide leadership and development to the marketing team.
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the Firm’s goals and champion the overall growth strategy for various practice areas.
- Research and establish new strategies to drive leads and acquire customers.
- Play an integral role in identifying potential new clients based on market research.
- Key priorities will largely be dictated by CCK’s business needs at that time.
- Provide coaching, individually or in a group context, to attorneys to help them develop new business, expand existing relationships, and drive their market demand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field (Master’s preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in a law firm or other professional services environment in marketing and business development roles
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, generate reports and present findings to firm leadership.
- Proactive, self-starter, and hands-on leader.
- Strategic thinker with a history of sound judgment.
- Outstanding attention to detail, communication skills, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with WordPress, Vistaprint and Canva is a plus.
- Able to travel domestically on a regular basis as business requires.
- Salary budgeted at $140,000.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401(k) plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
- Cover Letter