Court Team Paralegal
- Communication by telephone with clients about status of their appeals and other case related matters;
- Written communication with clients, and their families, about their cases;
- Draft simple motions and notices to the Court;
- Review client records in order to identify relevant facts for cases;
- Assist senior court team attorneys with necessary administrative tasks to efficiently run the team;
- Manage database of all important Court decisions, training materials, and other important court team documents;
- Participate in Court team meetings that cover new developments in VA law;
- Assist in obtaining documentation necessary from veterans for their appeals;
- Proofread briefs and documents filed with the Court;
- And most importantly, help veterans obtain the VA benefits they deserve.
A successful candidate will be outgoing, eager to learn, have the ability to multi-task, be able communicate well, be able to work well independently and with a team, take direction well, and have great attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.;
- Prior professional office experience is preferred, but not required;
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is preferred.
- Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet workspace is required. When CCK deems it safe and appropriate, this position will be required to report to CCK’s office in Providence, RI daily.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch period.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $40,000;
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter