Court Team Attorney
CCK is accepting Court Team Attorney applications for consideration after January 2021. Our team will review applications and begin the hiring process in the new year.
CCK is seeking a full-time, entry level appellate litigation attorney to join its Veterans Law practice. This position involves representing veterans of the U.S. Armed Services in appeals for VA disability benefits before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Being part of CCK’s Veterans Law practice group offers the opportunity to make a difference every day in the lives of disabled veterans and their families. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
- case record analysis, brief writing, and oral argument and required preparation;
- electronic filing of necessary documents and appeals; and
- occasional travel to Washington, D.C. required.
A successful candidate is able to collaborate and thrive in a team environment while exhibiting passion for the work. Qualities for long-term success and advancement include initiative, dedication, strong work ethic, excellent time management skills, accountability, and a focus on consistent and continued improvement of self and the team. Cover letter, resume, and writing samples required. Only licensed attorneys or those having recently passed any state bar exam apply, please.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent.
- Admission to at least one State Bar, or pending licensure.
- Prior experience is not required.
- Starting salary is $75,000 annually, with advancement based on performance.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401k plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet workspace is required. When CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.