CCK is looking for a Content Writer to join our growing Marketing Team. Content is the cornerstone of our strategy to build brand awareness and share resources and knowledge with our clients and potential clients. The Content Writer will conceptualize, write, revise, edit, and proofread digital and print content.
The Content Writer must be able to work independently and collaboratively with CCK’s legal experts to understand the issues impacting CCK’s client base. The Content Writer’s responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. The person in this position will craft copy that informs, compels, and engages our audience which includes potential and existing clients.
A qualified candidate will be a smart, creative writer who will work closely with the Marketing Team to develop strategically-inspired content. This person must be able to produce long copy, short copy, scripts, social posts, and be a master of the headline.
To be successful, you need to have:
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills;
- Uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy;
- Excellent research and interviewing skills, with the ability to analyze and synthesize information and ideas from multiple sources into a comprehensive, yet concise, final product;
- Ability to distil complex legal concepts into concise, engaging copy that the average reader can understand; and
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Ensure factual accuracy of content by carrying out independent research
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Writing blog posts and marketing copy to promote our services
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns
- Conceptualize, write and edit compelling copy conveys authority and thought leadership
- Apply writing strategies for the digital world, integrating SEO best practices into all web content
- Proactively identify content/copy gaps and inconsistencies in content
- Update website content as needed
- 2+ years of writing, editorial, and/or journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or other related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates creativity, expertise, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other collaboration, content management, and asset management systems
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, is a plus
- Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet work space is required. When CCK deems it safe and appropriate, this position will be required to report to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI daily.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch period.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $45,000
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.