Content Editor & Writer
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking a Content Editor & Writer to join our team.
The Content Editor & Writer is responsible for editing final versions of content and writing pieces as part CCK’s overall marketing strategy. The Content Editor & Writer is also responsible for aiding in the execution of CCK’s content strategy by writing and editing written work for CCK’s websites and social media platforms, while assisting the Marketing Team with other projects as necessary.
The Content Editor & Writer must be able to work independently and collaboratively with CCK’s legal experts to understand the issues impacting CCK’s client base.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Write, develop, edit, and produce at least 3-4 blog posts of at least 750 words each per week about relevant topics as determined by the Digital Marketing Manager or Content Specialist.
- Review and edit final versions from other writers according to specifications for style, tone, and length, while also ensuring correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Conduct thorough research and stay updated on industry-related trends and topics.
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics for publication.
- Establish best practices for writing processes.
- Work with Marketing Team to implement content and SEO strategy for CCK websites to inform audiences and promote CCK’s services.
- Produce copy for whitepapers, printed marketing materials, conferences, video outlines, social media, as assigned.
- Assist in the design and distribution of all marketing materials.
- Present complex data in clear, consistent, and concise text.
- Serve as liaison to meet the needs of CCK departments.
- Assist the Marketing Team with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in English, Journalism, or related field required.
- Three years or more of professional writing and editing experience, or related, required.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience converting complex topics to content relatable for the desired audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficient with text management and desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with demonstrated ability to learn new computer
- This is a full time, salaried position. Days and hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm EST. However, work outside of regular hours may be necessary and is expected.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $55,000- $65,000 depending on experience,
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
To Apply, Please Submit the Following:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample