Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick, a law firm with 200+ users and nationwide practice, is seeking a full time IT Director who will be directly responsible for all of law firm’s IT infrastructure, IT staff and IT vendors & contractors. The ideal candidate will gladly assume full responsibility and accountability for all IT related matters. Specific examples would include, but in not be limited to the following:
- Managing law firm’s IT resources to support and advance law firm’s objectives
- Proactively anticipating and advising law firm’s partners on law firm’s technology needs
- Developing and managing an in-house IT team appropriate to service law firm’s needs
- Managing outside vendors to service law firm’s needs
- Overseeing and facilitating all IT purchasing, and related budgeting.
- Staying up to date on security threats and state-of-the-art technology
- Maintaining a written internal IT procedural manual
- Ensuring that appropriate technology, policies, practices and procedures are in place and enforced to protect law firm’s data from unauthorized disclosure
- Conducting the appropriate testing and security audits (using independent outside vendor(s) when appropriate) and reviewing CCK’s Written Information Security Plan (WISP) and other IT-related policies, practices and procedures annually or more frequently if appropriate
- Ensuring that CCK’s in-house and outside IT infrastructure is secure, stable and resilient
- Maintaining a written business continuity and disaster recovery plan accounting for all of law firm’s in-house and outside IT infrastructure
- Advising and making recommendations to law firm’s partners as to information governance and data retention policies, and then implementing the agreed upon policies
- Evaluating, testing and implementing new technology products and services
- Managing IT projects to ensure proper, timely and efficient completion
- Managing IT to avoid downtime and the need for help desk service
- Monitoring and ensuring that law firm’s users receive timely and efficient help desk service that minimizes work interruption
- Bachelors degree in an Information Technology related field
- 5+ years of high-level IT management experience involving system management and security
- Strong understanding of Window Server, Windows RDS, Windows OS, Outlook 365, VoIP systems, and Active Directory
- Strong people management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and take personal responsibility for one’s own work, and cooperate and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels in the firm.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively.
- $135,000 – $175,000 commensurate with candidate and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package