Downtown Providence law firm is seeking a full time IT Associate with initiative, a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task. The IT Associate will work under the IT Director to manage and administer IT infrastructure, and provide technical assistance to a growing 140+ user firm. Opportunity for growth for individuals who demonstrate technical expertise, initiative, work ethic and forward-thinking solution-oriented attitude.
IT Associate Responsibilities
- Answering and responding to user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operations in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems and controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Setting up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Assisting with onboarding of new users to ensure work station has computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk phone, and any additional specialized equipment. Install, test and configure new workstation, peripheral equipment and software.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Managing backup files and databases regularly.
- Other tasks required to ensure that the firm’s 140+ users have a secure, efficient and reliable IT infrastructure for carrying out the firm’s business.
- Flexibility to work, or be available, after hours to address time sensitive projects or respond to IT emergencies.
- Planning, including maintaining and anticipating technological needs of firm, remaining up to date on technological developments and alternatives.
- Skills needed to satisfy the responsibilities stated above.
- Relevant experience with network administration and technical support in an office environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System (specifically 7/10), Outlook 365, VoIP systems, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, fax servers and network devices.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels in the firm.
- Ability to work independently, and identify when additional help or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Technology field or relevant IT certifications.
- Needles/Case Management working knowledge.
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Extensive computer work and frequent use of telephone and fax.