Human Resources Assistant
CCK is a private Public Interest law firm with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits.
CCK is seeking a full-time Human Resources Assistant to join our growing and dynamic team of professionals. The Human Resources Assistant will work in a collaborative and support capacity with members of the Human Resources Department. This position requires strong organizational skills, strong writing and grammar, excellent interpersonal skills, a compassionate and professional approach to his or her duties, and a strong work ethic.
While CCK will consider candidates with some degree to relevant experience, this is expected to be an entry level position and the firm is prepared to train and develop the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with CCK’s HR practices, policies and processes with support of current HR leadership and staff.
- Recruiting support, including advertising and job postings and attending career fairs.
- Screening of applications, and initial review of applicants as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate applicant interviews with hiring managers.
- Explain company policies, benefits, and procedures to employees and job applicants.
- Process and review employment and conduct pre-screening telephone interviews.
- Assist with onboarding of new employees.
- Assist in administering employee benefit programs.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel records, including staffing, recruiting, training, complaints, performance, classifications, discipline, and leaves of absence.
- Assist with other HR processes and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Human Resources or Business Administration education or experience a plus, but not a firm condition for consideration
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions in a professional manner
- Ability to successfully interact with members of management
- Strong attention to detail, and work ethic
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel when necessary
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000 based upon experience.
Selection for employment is made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability status, sex, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.