CCK is seeking full-time, entry-level paralegals to join our Veterans Law practice. These individuals will work closely with senior paralegals and attorneys.
Paralegal/Claims Advocate responsibilities include:
- Daily written and oral communication with veterans and their families, as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- obtaining all documentation necessary to support a client’s claim for benefits;
- assisting attorneys and senior paralegals on necessary case development and research;
- reviewing and assessing clients’ case files;
- proof reading and reviewing important procedural documents before they are mailed; and
- most importantly, helping veterans obtain the VA benefits they deserve.
A successful candidate will be outgoing, eager to learn, have the ability to multi-task, be able communicate well, be able to work well independently and with a team, take direction well, and have great attention to detail.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, however the field of the undergraduate degree can vary.
- Prior professional office experience is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook is preferred.
- Experience in the legal and/or psychiatric field is a plus, but not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $34,000.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401k plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
- Hours are M-F 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter