The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards a $1,000 Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship each year to one deserving applicant whose parent has a service-connected disability.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs reports that, in 2016, the U.S. has more than 20 million living veterans. As of 2015, almost one in four American veterans lived with a service-connected disability.
In our ongoing work with veterans disabled from military service, we see firsthand the challenges our real-life national heroes and their families face. To demonstrate our gratitude for their parent’s service, we established this annual scholarship awarded to the son or daughter of a disabled American veteran.
Who is eligible?
Application for this scholarship is open to any student who meets the following criteria.
- The legal child (natural or adoptive) of a disabled veteran of any branch of U.S. military service who is either a:
- U.S. high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. or
- U.S. student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate degree program, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
How do I apply?
We strongly encourage any student who meets the above criteria to apply for the 2018 Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship. To apply, click the link below and submit the following information.
- Completed scholarship application (fill out form on this page)
- Disabled parent’s Veterans Administration (VA) Disability Rating letter
- A 500-word essay that answers one of the following:
- How has your disabled veteran parent’s experience inspired you in your education and career aspirations?
- What advice would you give to a younger child growing up with a disabled veteran parent?
- What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help disabled veterans and their families?
- A current transcript demonstrating your GPA of 3.0 or above (cumulative)
Applications must comply with all instructions as well as the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
What is the deadline to apply?
The deadline to submit your application for the 2018 Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship is December 15, 2018.
The scholarship committee will review complete applications. We will notify the winner via e-mail or phone in early spring 2018.
*This page contains the complete information available for the 2018 Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. By applying, you agree that you have read the Terms & Conditions and all instructions thoroughly, and that you agree to everything therein. Only one application per student will be accepted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. In the interest of a fair and impartial selection, we will not be able to accept any individual contact or answer any questions about the scholarship or the application process. All decisions are final.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »